The Francistown church became Apostolic Faith Mission by de-fault after Daniel Dube, the then Pastor of Head Mountain church in Francistown was ordered by the Town authorities to go and find a white man to associate with in order for his church to be permitted to operate in Francistown after a person died whilst under healing ministration. Francistown was under Tati Company administered in South Africa. Dube approached Pastor Simon Modisane who then took him to pastor Robert Moffat who agreed to help him. Later Pastors R Moffat and Modisane went to Francistown and met Mr Sopper who was the presiding officer of Francistown informing him that the Apostolic Faith Mission has taken over the operations of the church in Francistown and Pastor R Moffat himself will be the Overseer based in Mafikeng. Pastors Moffat and Modisane bought a plot in Francistown and organized a crusade which was run by Pastor Smith le Roux and was very successful. The church building was erected in 1958 after the purchase of the plot.